[KPhotoAlbum] RFC: New design for Date/Time part of annotation dialog, autorange for datebar

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at isilme.lupus.uberspace.de
Sat Apr 27 21:00:20 BST 2013

On Saturday 27 April 2013 06:33:12 Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Johannes Zarl <
> I did not find where this text is shown on the GUI.

Good point. I used a whatsThis message which isn't that obvious. (Is there any
way to trigger the whathThis from the right-click menu?) The new version also
sets the ToolTip.

> arrow keys => arrow buttons
> Clicking above the timeline => Clicking on the timeline
>
> Could also add that zooming in and out the timeline is possible with the
> magnifier buttons or ctrl-wheel.

Thanks. New text:

<title>The date bar</title>
<para>The date bar gives you an overview of the approximate number of images
taken in a given time frame. Time units are shown on the <emphasis> timeline
</emphasis>. Above it, a histogram indicates the number of images for that
time range.</para>
<para>You can interact with the date bar in several ways:
<list>
<item>Zoom in or out by using the +/- buttons or Ctrl + scrollwheel.</item>
<item>Scroll the timeline either by using the arrow buttons or the scroll
 wheel, or by dragging it using the middle mouse button.</item>
<item>Restrict the current view to a given time frame by clicking below the
 timeline and marking the time frame.</item>
 thumbnail view, i.e. jumps to the first thumbnail of the time unit in
 focus.</item>
</list></para>

  Johannes