[KPhotoAlbum] RFC: New design for Date/Time part of annotation dialog, autorange for datebar

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at isilme.lupus.uberspace.de
Thu Apr 25 21:28:36 BST 2013

Hi,

On Thursday 18 April 2013 08:32:38 Joe wrote:
> On 04/17/2013 06:00 PM, Johannes Zarl wrote:
> > I'll add a tooltip/whatsthis to the datebar then, so that the DateBar is
> > easier to grok for new users.
> Great. Thanks.

The changes are now in git master. It would be nice if somebody would try it
out and proofread the WhatsThis/check if it's comprehensible...

Text of the WhatsThis:
"<title>The date bar</title>"
"<para>The date bar gives you an overview of the approximate number of images
taken in a given time frame.</para>"
histogram indicates the number of images for that time range."
You can scroll the time line either by using the arrow keys or the scroll
wheel, or by dragging it using the middle mouse button.</para>"
frame by clicking below the time line and marking the time frame.</para>"
the thumbnail view, i.e. jumps to the first thumbnail of the time unit in
focus.</para>"

@miika and jesper: I've taken the freedom to add the middle mouse button as an
additional drag-and-scroll-button for the datebar. For me it feels more
"natural" than the current Ctrl-LMB.

Cheers,
  Johannes