[KPhotoAlbum] lost information

Rolf Merle rome2312 at kpnmail.nl
Wed Oct 31 11:38:57 GMT 2012

Hello,

Since some months I use KPhotoalbum and was very satisfied until now.
Really a great tool.

But now I have a problem and I try to explain:

Working with Linux (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS) I have two hd on my PC.
First one with the OS and all working programs, second one for storage
of files, pictures, video's etc.
On this secon HD I created a file named 'KPHOTOALBUM'. In this file more
then 11.000 pictures.
I annotated all fotos following the normal procedure and categorised in
places, happenings, peoples and so on.

Some weeks ago I had to re-install Ubuntu 12.04 on the first mentioned HD.
During this procedure I didn't touch at all the second HD with all
pictures on.

Now I lost all annotations. Regarding in the register of the file KPHOTO
I see this:

So it is clear that the xml files are new after I looked for the all
annotations in the program itself and I did some test with new annotations.
What was happened in your opinion??? Can I get back all the annotations
I did before???
Imagine for 11.000 pictures it will be a hell of a job to do it over.

Second question:

If I want to open this 'documentation' the program says 'no such file' .

Can you help me with those problems??

Thanks and have a nice day

Rolf
--
Take a look into our magnifique world of TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY. If you
enjoyed tell your friends about this site, which will be completed