[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum 4.2-rc2

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 07:53:41 BST 2012

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Martin Jost <lists at majo.name> wrote:
> 1.
> When I try to rearrange photos (in the preview) with the mouse, I can
> now only move the photo to a new position, which is visible when I start
> the drag. When the mouse cursor hits the border, it changes to a
> "Forbidden" cursor - that's it.
> So now when I try to move a photo say two screen heights above the
> current position, I need to move it up one screen high, drop it there,
> scroll the screen and move it again.
> In older version, when I hit the border, the screen started to scroll,
> so I could reach each position I would like.
> This seems to not work any more.
> (Are there other ways to move a photo over a large range ?)

I finally figured out how to get this done...kind of. However, I am
using a deprecated function call visibleRect() and have no idea how to
change it to the suggested visibleRegion(). I have attached the diff
that does the trick if someone more familiar with Qt could take a
look.

> 2.
> There are English parts interspersed in the German GUI translation.
> My assumption is, that this is well visible for the translator, but
> there just is nobody around.
> Or should I report these places, so they can get translated ?

I do also see some English when testing out Finnish translation. E.g.
File, Edit, View, Settings and Help menus. I unfortunately also
switched to Qt 4.8 and lost the menu option to change language. I
wonder if the API or something has changed between the Qt versions and
we should get the language change feature fixed.

BTW I did add the new line at the end of generated XML.

miika