[KPhotoAlbum] Another howto question

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Jan 11 11:58:59 GMT 2012

Since my last howto question seemed to stir things up to good effect,
I'll ask another.

My partner just selected around 1700 photos of hers to review and
possibly print (a subset!).  I put them on a flash drive.  She's going
to do the final review at the photo center.

That's all fine, but I want to tag the ones she actually prints as
"printed".  *If* the photo center gave me a file listing which photos
were printed, is there any way I could use it to set a KPA tag? Could I
write a bash script to set the tags inside KPA?  (Right now, bash is the
only language I'm fluent in.  I've programmed in quite a few others, but
not for quite some time.  I do know a bit of C.)  I think I saw a post
some time ago about setting tags from "outside" KPA.

Has anyone had to deal with a similar situation?

The prints do come back with the file name printed on the back, but it's
very light and hard to read and I don't relish going through them one by
one by hand.

TIA

Joe