[KPhotoAlbum] Another howto question

Andreas Neustifter andreas.neustifter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:26:18 GMT 2012

Hi Joe!

On 11 January 2012 12:58, Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
> Since my last howto question seemed to stir things up to good effect, I'll
> ask another.

:-)

> My partner just selected around 1700 photos of hers to review and possibly
> print (a subset!).  I put them on a flash drive.  She's going to do the
> final review at the photo center.
>
> That's all fine, but I want to tag the ones she actually prints as
> "printed".  *If* the photo center gave me a file listing which photos were
> printed, is there any way I could use it to set a KPA tag? Could I write a
> bash script to set the tags inside KPA?  (Right now, bash is the only
> language I'm fluent in.  I've programmed in quite a few others, but not for
> quite some time.  I do know a bit of C.)  I think I saw a post some time ago
> about setting tags from "outside" KPA.

I'm at work now but quickly: there is a menu item that is something
with list. It opens a Dialog with a text box, paste the filenames into
the textbox and hit OK, this should give you the pictures. (I'm not
sure if you need complete relative paths or if filenames (without
path) work.)

> Has anyone had to deal with a similar situation?
>
> The prints do come back with the file name printed on the back, but it's
> very light and hard to read and I don't relish going through them one by one
> by hand.

This is too painful, I guess one of the new features could be a set of
python scripts that permit some mangling of the XML.

Andi