[KPhotoAlbum] Extending the database schema

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:48:48 GMT 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Ashley J Gittins
<agittins at purple.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
> That was some time ago and at some point I must have gone back to binary
> releases and dropped back to using xml - which is exactly when I stopped
> using KPA because for whatever reason the xml backend kept corrupting and
> crashing KPA. I have a feeling it was because of the number of images or
> something causing corruption in the xml file.

We have had a problem with special characters when using
speed-optimized XML (fixed now). I do not really recall any other XML
corruption issues lately. (A ton of crashes is also fixed.) It would
be very interesting to hear, whether the problems with XML backend are
sill present on the current development version.

> Anyway, if SQL support was enabled in previous releases, then I'd suggest
> perhaps leaving the default build settings with it enabled, but perhaps
> remove the config options from the gui - that way if there are any people
> still using it with db support, their config files might still work after an
> upgrade.

That is a valid point. Will have to re-consider if it seems that there
is user base for the SQL backend.

miika