[KPhotoAlbum] KPA manual

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 05:20:06 GMT 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Johannes Zarl <isilmendil at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 February 2012 19:53:53 Miika Turkia wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Johannes Zarl <isilmendil at gmx.net> wrote:
>> > I don't have an autostacking entry in the maintenance menu...
>>
>> Automatically Stack Selected Images... between "Read EXIF Info from
>> Files..." and "Convert Backend...(Experimental)"
>
> Don't have it in the current version from git. See screenshot...
> Is there anything I have to activate before this menu item becomes available?

I wonder if you have somewhere a kphotoalbumui.rc with higher version
number than the official one. The highest found version number is
automatically selected when creating the GUI. Can't currently think of
any other explanation.

> Looks sane to me. Also, now I finally know what's the "move meta-data" about
> -- is this the "recommended" way of managing stacks? Normally I copy the full
> meta-data to all images of the stack and add/remove annotations for individual
> images as I see fit (e.g. different People in different images of whole
> panorama).

I copy the data and when I go updating any tags on any stack I usually
expand the stack and add the tag to all of them. (In my workflow it
would really help if tagging one image of stack would tag the whole
stack - bug 185872.)

miika