[KPhotoAlbum] KPA manual

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at gmx.net
Tue Feb 21 23:18:32 GMT 2012

On Tuesday 21 February 2012 19:53:53 Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Johannes Zarl <isilmendil at gmx.net> wrote:
> > I don't have an autostacking entry in the maintenance menu...
>
> Automatically Stack Selected Images... between "Read EXIF Info from
> Files..." and "Convert Backend...(Experimental)"

Don't have it in the current version from git. See screenshot...
Is there anything I have to activate before this menu item becomes available?

> It was actually new information for me that you can reference the
> matches on the replacement text.

Well, I just tried it and it worked. I guess I have been bitten by unexpected
partial matches too many times, so I always try to match full lines...

> I updated the What's This texts and tips loosely following your
> suggestions.

Looks sane to me. Also, now I finally know what's the "move meta-data" about
-- is this the "recommended" way of managing stacks? Normally I copy the full
meta-data to all images of the stack and add/remove annotations for individual
images as I see fit (e.g. different People in different images of whole
panorama).

> I think these texts and tips should be kept as short as
> possible, but still informative enough. The manual, on the other hand,
> should explain all the required nuances in enough detail. Clearly the
> manual needs some more work on this area.

Ack to all of this. In my defense: I shortened the "What's this" texts quite a
bit before sending that last mail -- It would have been tempting to make them
into a short essay on perl regular expressions. ;-)

Cheers,
  Johannes