[KPhotoAlbum] KPA manual

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 18:53:53 GMT 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Johannes Zarl <isilmendil at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Monday 20 February 2012 06:11:26 Miika Turkia wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Johannes Zarl <isilmendil at gmx.net> wrote:
>> > Apropos Workflows: has anyone a decent idea of how to use the
>> > AutoStacking functionality?
>>
>> I tried to add documentation on AutoStacking for new images:
>> http://www.vaarin.kalsarit.net/KPA/manual/ch10.html
>>
>> The autostacking of images under Maintenance menu is a different
>> story. There you can stack images with same MD5 sum or images that are
>> shot within specified time interval.
>
> I don't have an autostacking entry in the maintenance menu...

Automatically Stack Selected Images... between "Read EXIF Info from
Files..." and "Convert Backend...(Experimental)"

>> If the first link does not clarify the autostacking properly, let me
>> know and I'll try to improve the description (screenshot should be
>> added for sure)
>
> Ok, with the help of your text, combined with the "What's this" message and
> some trying out, I figured it out. I guess this feature could need some more
> documentation. Please add your ideas and suggestions:

It was actually new information for me that you can reference the
matches on the replacement text.

I updated the What's This texts and tips loosely following your
suggestions. I think these texts and tips should be kept as short as
possible, but still informative enough. The manual, on the other hand,
should explain all the required nuances in enough detail. Clearly the
manual needs some more work on this area.

miika