[KPhotoAlbum] Preparing for new release

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:38:02 GMT 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Tuomas Suutari
<tuomas.suutari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 10 February 2012 13:06, Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
>> On 02/09/2012 09:53 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:
>>> Yep, links to this documentation should be added to KPA web site but
>>> first we need to figure out how to gain access there :(
>>
>> Well, somebody (probably Jesper) knew how to get to it on 05/28/2011 when
>> they added the news about git, so at least it isn't ancient history.  He's
>> still around enough to answer a question or two like that, isn't he?
>
> I think the website is still on KDE's SVN repository. See
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/kphotoalbum/
> (So the SVN url would be:
> ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/www/sites/kphotoalbum )
>
>> If not, maybe the admins at kde.org can help or maybe godaddy can tell us
>> something or, as a last resort, maybe the listed phone number actually
>> connects to someone with a clue.
>
> You can try if you can commit there. If not, maybe asking from the
> email address given on the above websvn-url will help, i.e.
> sysadmin at kde.org.
>
> Jesper: If you're reading, please correct me if I'm pointing to wrong
> direction here. Thanks!

FYI, I have received write access to the website and have done some
updating on dead links and added a link to the PDF documentation. At
least snapshots and videos are still broken. Some of the 4 series
releases are available from KDE site with links updated, other
snapshots are not available and there really is no point in uploading
them (RC for next release should be uploaded, once we are ready for
that). KDE people suggested that video tutorials would be uploaded to
some third party service (like youtube or vimeo).

miika