[KPhotoAlbum] Bug #256250 was: Preparing for new release

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 23:36:19 GMT 2012

On Wednesday 08 February 2012 20:10:04 Johannes Zarl wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 February 2012 15:55:40 Miika Turkia wrote:
> > > As for bug "Jumping to the next or prev image via Page Up / Page Down
> > > is not possible in the description field"[#256250], I would guess this
> > > could be marked "wontfix". Changing the functionality would break the
> > > description-field for long description-texts.
> >
> > I do not usually have that long descriptions and was thinking whether
> > this behavior should be changed or not. However, I do not even use
> > this feature so it does not really matter to me.
> >
> > The current functionality of allowing tab key to jump out of
> > description field is also contradictory to how text edit boxes should
> > behave.
> >
> > Anyway, does anyone have any strong opinions about whether to fix or
> > just close this bug?
>
> I don't have a strong opinion on this myself. I just figured that if
> somebody makes real use of the description field (i.e. puts more info
> there than could be easily stored in another field), he or she would
> probably miss the Page UP/Down functionalilty if it were to be removed.
>
> Good point about the Tab-key, though. Maybe make this all configurable?

Ok, I've looked into this (I may currently have too much time on my hands in
the evening *g*). Adding the behaviour is possible, but rather messy. At least
compared to the Tab-key behaviour (which is a one-liner).

However, feel free to try it out and try it. Just don't add it to the repo
without a second thought. I'd like to have some discussion on this feature
before adding. It's just too much hassle for a relatively small change...

Cheers,
  Johannes