[KPhotoAlbum] Preparing for new release

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 19:10:04 GMT 2012

On Wednesday 08 February 2012 15:55:40 Miika Turkia wrote:
> > As for bug "Jumping to the next or prev image via Page Up / Page Down is
> > not possible in the description field"[#256250], I would guess this
> > could be marked "wontfix". Changing the functionality would break the
> > description-field for long description-texts.
>
> I do not usually have that long descriptions and was thinking whether
> this behavior should be changed or not. However, I do not even use
> this feature so it does not really matter to me.
>
> The current functionality of allowing tab key to jump out of
> description field is also contradictory to how text edit boxes should
> behave.
>
> Anyway, does anyone have any strong opinions about whether to fix or
> just close this bug?

I don't have a strong opinion on this myself. I just figured that if somebody
makes real use of the description field (i.e. puts more info there than could
be easily stored in another field), he or she would probably miss the Page
UP/Down functionalilty if it were to be removed.

Good point about the Tab-key, though. Maybe make this all configurable?

> Thanks for these!
>
> miika

You're welcome!

  Johannes