[KPhotoAlbum] raw, jpg, duplicates in index.xml

Andreas Neustifter andreas.neustifter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 06:25:29 BST 2012

 Hi Vitus!

On 11.04.2012, at 06:50, Vitus Jensen <vjensen at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Vitus Jensen wrote:
>
>> Lately I was looking at my index.xml more closely as now several users will use it and I noticed that when there are raw and jpg files available it's kind of random which is stored in the index.xml.  Sometimes, but not always, both are stored.  I even remember that I had to blacklist one kind, once, to remove duplicates from display.
>>
>> Which way should it be?
>
> To clarify:
> * I'm using KPhotoAlbum 4.1.1-r1 under gentoo and KPhotoAlbum 4.1.1-3+b1
>  under Debian.
> * I'm not using any stacking feature but expect KPhotoAlbum to
>  automatically detect several formats of the same picture by looking at
>  the basename of the file.
>
> This works fine (except once), with .pef and .jpg files.  I now did some counting and I have 3344 raws on disk but only 3077 in index.xml.  This means the solution I have to implement is to add the missing raws to index.xml, by duplicating the existing .jpg entry and changing the file extension.
>
> Let's hope I don't hit create duplicates in the view by doing it.

I guess the "missing" RAW files are due to a setting in KPA that prevents adding the RAW if a JPG is already present.

KPA was originally intended as sorting and managing program that was concerned with having only one copy of a picture to work with.

By adding the RAWs you will most certainly get duplicates if you are not stacking them.

Before doing anything though: please backup (thats always the first step!).

Andi