[KPhotoAlbum] raw, jpg, duplicates in index.xml

Vitus Jensen vjensen at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 05:50:12 BST 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Vitus Jensen wrote:

> Lately I was looking at my index.xml more closely as now several users will
> use it and I noticed that when there are raw and jpg files available it's
> kind of random which is stored in the index.xml.  Sometimes, but not always,
> both are stored.  I even remember that I had to blacklist one kind, once, to
> remove duplicates from display.
>
> Which way should it be?

To clarify:
* I'm using KPhotoAlbum 4.1.1-r1 under gentoo and KPhotoAlbum 4.1.1-3+b1
   under Debian.
* I'm not using any stacking feature but expect KPhotoAlbum to
   automatically detect several formats of the same picture by looking at
   the basename of the file.

This works fine (except once), with .pef and .jpg files.  I now did some
counting and I have 3344 raws on disk but only 3077 in index.xml.  This
means the solution I have to implement is to add the missing raws to
index.xml, by duplicating the existing .jpg entry and changing the file
extension.

Let's hope I don't hit create duplicates in the view by doing it.

Vitus

--
Vitus Jensen, Hannover, Germany, Universe (current)
pgp public key available from keyservers