[KPhotoAlbum] KPA4.2 build fail for Ubuntu Lucid and Oneiric

Jeroen Eeuwes jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 06:18:32 BST 2012

Hi Johannes,

> My guess would be that Ged Vertaald joined the KDE team recently, and that
> therefore the entity for this translator is not yet in the user.entities file
> for Ubuntu.

I have no clue about compiling stuff as such and even less about KDE
team members. I know it used to be fashionable to use only lower case
in your name on the internet (and perhaps it still is). But I'd like
to say that to me "ged.vertaald" looks like shorthand for the Dutch
text "gedeeltelijk vertaald" which translates into the English
"partially translated". "Ged" is not a Dutch first name (although, who
can tell these days). The surname "Vertaald" is a bit strange too
(says the man with a strange surname himself). Although surnames can
be almost anything, "Vertaald" isn't very common at all.

I don't know if this is going to help or not, but just saying you
might not be able to find a "Ged Vertaald" in the KDE team because it
is not a name.

Best regards,
Jeroen Eeuwes