[KPhotoAlbum] HOWTO: Trying the bleeding edge KPhotoAlbum version from GIT

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 12:03:07 BST 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
> I tried the backup script and got the message
> User-interface RC-file
> (/home/rhk/.kde/share/apps/kphotoalbum/kphotoalbumui.rc) not readable!
>
> I don't have a folder /home/rhk/.kde/share/apps/kphotoalbum at all.
> Should I have it?

You are using a system wide kpaui.rc file then. No need to do any
manual hacking there. The only file I have in that directory is the
one rc file...

> What should I do in this case, what should a normal,
> not-very-experienced user do?
> Where is the backup saved, if it succeeds? Did it now proceed to
> backup the rest of the files?

The script is terminated on this error. Should be changed to keep on
running and just report the files that are not available (if even
that).

The backup is saved on home directory ~/kpa-backup/ by default.

miika