[KPhotoAlbum] HOWTO: Trying the bleeding edge KPhotoAlbum version from GIT

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at gmx.net
Sun Apr 1 14:42:18 BST 2012

On Sunday 01 April 2012 13:03:07 Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
> > I tried the backup script and got the message
> > User-interface RC-file
> > (/home/rhk/.kde/share/apps/kphotoalbum/kphotoalbumui.rc) not readable!
> >
> > I don't have a folder /home/rhk/.kde/share/apps/kphotoalbum at all.
> > Should I have it?
>
> You are using a system wide kpaui.rc file then. No need to do any
> manual hacking there. The only file I have in that directory is the
> one rc file...

My wrong. I thought that KPA always creates a kphotoalbumui.rc in the user's
home. I've removed the check for this file from the script (i.e. only backup
when this exists).

> > What should I do in this case, what should a normal,
> > not-very-experienced user do?

Ask on the list for a better backup script? ;-)

> > Where is the backup saved, if it succeeds? Did it now proceed to
> > backup the rest of the files?
>
> The script is terminated on this error. Should be changed to keep on
> running and just report the files that are not available (if even
> that).

Fixed.

> The backup is saved on home directory ~/kpa-backup/ by default.

Added this info to the help screen.

Also, I've added a nice --list option to print the available backups and which
files are changed in each backup.

Cheers,
  Johannes