[KPhotoAlbum] Thumbnail viewer & aspect rations & space around cells etc..

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sat Jun 18 14:29:27 BST 2011

On Saturday 18 June 2011 12:26:24 Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> See http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/thumbs1.png/
> and http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/thumbs2u.png/
> Sorry for the hilight colour :)
>
> Running GIT SVN with GUi changes from Andi (that Jesper committed today)
>
> Two configurations with space around cells 0 and aspect ratio 4:3 or 3:2
> - neither of these give me the 0px between cells - is this because of
> the shadow around each thumb?
Yes I Beleive that is due to the pixels needed for the shadow. Try looking at
it with kmag and I hope you will see that the pixels are not entirely the
background color, but a gradient.

> - 4:3 fails in scaling portrait photos correctly: they end up being on
> top of other images. Is this a feature or a bug?
Well that should have invalidated your cache, and fixed it. If you resize the
grid (which I know you hate :-) then it will flush the cache and it will look
good again,

> - I was also able to get it to stage where 3:2 doesn't show the labels
> unless you take the
> mouse on top of a thumb. Even then it is shown on top of the thumb
> below.
Maybe a cache issue too, otherwise it is a bug.

Cheers

> If someone confirms, will post a bug rep.

> --
>
> | risto h. kurppa
> | risto at kurppa dot fi
> | http://risto.kurppa.fi