[KPhotoAlbum] Captions / IPTC / etc.. Couple of questions.... (maybe a Wish?)

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 15 10:44:25 GMT 2010

Just Lettuce wrote:
> 1)  Is there a way to output a text file with filename and
> caption/description for selected images?  Want something like this:
>
> img_1059.jpg=Udaipur Lake Palace, India.
> cimg9563.jpg=Lighthouse at Itapua, Salvador da Bahia, Brazil.

Nothing, AFAIK. It is a trivial problem, though, most easily solvable by
simply parsing the XML file (while most preferably solvable by writing a
KIPI plugin for that).

> Are there any plans to bring back IPTC import/export?  Even if I get
> the functionality from 1) working, still hoping for this, as I do on
> other occasions need to send photos with filled-in IPTC fields.   I
> guess this might qualify as a "Wish," bringing back iptc import/export.

I'm the one who implemented that feature in 3.1. Yes, it is on the to-do
list, but it's been there for way more than one year so far. I'm busy
with school and work stuff. I'm open to motivation, though :).

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth