[KPhotoAlbum] Captions / IPTC / etc.. Couple of questions.... (maybe a Wish?)

Just Lettuce justlettuce at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:08:18 GMT 2010

Hello everyone.

First...  Great using KPhotoAlbum.  Solves so many of my problems!

Couple of questions:

1)  Is there a way to output a text file with filename and
caption/description for selected images?  Want something like this:

img_1059.jpg=Udaipur Lake Palace, India.
cimg9563.jpg=Lighthouse at Itapua, Salvador da Bahia, Brazil.

If anyone recognizes this, I am trying to create a
comments.properties file for JAlbum.  Any convenient way to do
this?  If there is some plugin or function that outputs a text file
including these things, perhaps I can modify it?  My programming
skills are rather rusty/clumsy at the moment, but if I get some
time  and have a start, might be able to try?

2)  My kind of workaround for this in KPhotoAlbum 3.1.1 is to export
to IPTC captions, which JAlbum and other programs pick
up.  Unfortunately I don't think KPhotoAlbum 4.1.1 has the
functionality to write to IPTC fields?

Are there any plans to bring back IPTC import/export?  Even if I get
the functionality from 1) working, still hoping for this, as I do on
other occasions need to send photos with filled-in IPTC fields.   I
guess this might qualify as a "Wish," bringing back iptc import/export.

Thanks,
-Neil

53.353 images...  and working on cataloging all of them to some
extent...  Wonder how long that will take?