[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbumOriginal & modified images -> tell us how do you work with them?

Wes Hardaker kpa at capturedonearth.com
Thu Feb 11 14:37:00 GMT 2010

RHK> 3) Both originals and edited in the same folder and database and use
RHK> the stacking feature to group the original with the edited version,
RHK> give them all the same tags. This causes a lot of manual work moving
RHK> the edited next to the original image.

I had similar issues when working with original and modified files and
some of the changes I recently checked into kphotoalbum take this
approach (#2).  What I've done is use a standard suffix and configured
kphotoalbum to look for it.

IE, my original would be "file.jpg" and my modified file would be
"file-copy.jpg" (or something; it's configurable to your taste).  Then
you can configure kphotoalbum to auto-stack them with the -copy on top
when it notices a new file.  IE, that "manual work" you're talking about
above is actually automatic.
--
Wes Hardaker
Captured On Earth Photography