[KPhotoAlbum] Progres on thumbnail loading

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Thu Aug 19 08:30:19 BST 2010

I have 25 Gb of images, which resulted in 1.8 Gb of thumbnails.
Try nuking all of ~/.thumbnails (or at least only count that which is in
~/.thumbnails/kphotoalbum)

If you get that huge thumbnails, then you must be looking at thumbnails which
are like 1000x1000, or?

Cheers

On Thursday 19 August 2010 09:07:06 Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| On Thursday 19 August 2010 00:24:39 Andreas Neustifter wrote:
| | Hi again!
| |
| | On 16.08.2010, at 15:44, Andreas Neustifter
| | <andreas.neustifter at gmail.com>
|
| wrote:
| | > Very cool, can't wait to try it out!

| |
| | If is indeed blazingly fast with the slight downside that for my 100GB
| | image collection there is now a 14GB thumbnail folder... That's a little
| | hefty, is there a away to reduce the size?
| |
| | Andi
|
| I would expect that to be on the price of slower loading.
| Is it really that big? How large are your thumbnails?
| If you want to try seeing if other formats may make it smaller, then try
| looking in ImageManager/ThumbnailCache.cpp
|
| Cheers

thousands of images?