[KPhotoAlbum] Compiling recent KPhotoAlbum for Debian Lenny

Matthias Heukäufer matthias.heukaeufer at uni-greifswald.de
Sat Sep 5 19:45:42 BST 2009

On Samstag 05 September 2009, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Matthias Heukäufer venit, vidit, dixit 07.08.2009 18:00:
> > I might have an idea about what's wrong with the raw images. According to
> > the manual page of dcraw it rotates the images while decoding them ("By
> > default, dcraw applies the flip specified by the camera. -t 0 disables
> > all flipping."). Looking at the console output while KPhotoAlbum was
> > generating thumbnails, I confirmed that there is no -t option used with
> > kdcraw. Is it possible that KPhotoalbum rotates images again that are
> > already orientated correctly? In this case, passing the -t 0 option to
> > kdcraw might solve the
>
> Yes, that's exactly what is happening, and what I fixed back then for
> KPA 3. But the codepath has changed completely, so my fix from back then
> does not apply any more.
>
> That, together with the constant hope that Bibble5 is usable one day, is
> keeping me from investing too much in KPA these days. We'll see;)

Thank you for the hint. With your name I was finally able to find your patch
(http://osdir.com/ml/kde.kimdaba/2007-02/msg00058.html). I vaguely remembered
that someone had already found a solution for this. Sad, that your patch
didn't make it into the code. I am still hoping that I might find the time to
create a patch myself. With limited time and even more limited programming
skills, nobody should hold his breath, though.

Matthias