[KPhotoAlbum] Compiling recent KPhotoAlbum for Debian Lenny

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 5 13:08:00 BST 2009

Matthias Heukäufer venit, vidit, dixit 07.08.2009 18:00:
> Hi!
>
> theBro found a solution for the missing icons. It turned out that I just had
> to install a package containing the standard KDE4 theme.
>
> I might have an idea about what's wrong with the raw images. According to the
> manual page of dcraw it rotates the images while decoding them ("By default,
> dcraw applies the flip specified by the camera. -t 0 disables all
> flipping."). Looking at the console output while KPhotoAlbum was generating
> thumbnails, I confirmed that there is no -t option used with kdcraw. Is it
> possible that KPhotoalbum rotates images again that are already orientated
> correctly? In this case, passing the -t 0 option to kdcraw might solve the

Yes, that's exactly what is happening, and what I fixed back then for
KPA 3. But the codepath has changed completely, so my fix from back then
does not apply any more.

That, together with the constant hope that Bibble5 is usable one day, is
keeping me from investing too much in KPA these days. We'll see;)