[KPhotoAlbum] image sorting and moving

Pascal A. Niklaus Pascal.Niklaus at unibas.ch
Wed Dec 30 16:56:22 GMT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for your help with the tokens.

While using kpa for some days now (cleaning up years of photography...)
I came up with some more questions:

- Is it possible to display the images sorted by file name? If not, this
would be a great option.

- I tried to re-order images manually... (because I could not sort them
by name). Now, a problem seems to be that it is not possible to move a
selection of multiple images at a time (i.e., selecting several
consecutive images and then dragging them somewhere does only move one
of the images).

- It would be great to have a more direct way to physically move or copy
a selection of images to a new destination (just plain copying without
editing)? I understand that kpa tries to leave the photo collection
intact and like that approach a lot, but the tagging feature would be
most useful when files the selected files could me copy moved (e.g., I
could tag (token) the best, the not so great, or the images needing
editing and copy/move them to a separate directory for processing with
another program). The only way to do this that I have found is to
"export to remote computer" (and then enter a local destination), delete
the files in KPA, and then rescan the collection. This is rather
complicated for such a simple step. Or did I miss something?

Thanks for this great program,

Pascal