[KPhotoAlbum] image sorting and moving

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Wed Dec 30 17:42:26 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 17:56:22 Pascal A. Niklaus wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Thanks for your help with the tokens.
|
| While using kpa for some days now (cleaning up years of photography...)
| I came up with some more questions:
|
| - Is it possible to display the images sorted by file name? If not, this
| would be a great option.
Nope, and given KPA "sorts" you images with categories, I dont think it makes
that much sense in general. Can you outline a usecase for why you would want
this feature?

| - I tried to re-order images manually... (because I could not sort them
| by name). Now, a problem seems to be that it is not possible to move a
| selection of multiple images at a time (i.e., selecting several
| consecutive images and then dragging them somewhere does only move one
| of the images).
Hmm that would be a bug then, please report at bugzilla.

| - It would be great to have a more direct way to physically move or copy
| a selection of images to a new destination (just plain copying without
| editing)? I understand that kpa tries to leave the photo collection
| intact and like that approach a lot, but the tagging feature would be
| most useful when files the selected files could me copy moved (e.g., I
| could tag (token) the best, the not so great, or the images needing
| editing and copy/move them to a separate directory for processing with
| another program). The only way to do this that I have found is to
| "export to remote computer" (and then enter a local destination), delete
| the files in KPA, and then rescan the collection. This is rather
| complicated for such a simple step. Or did I miss something?
Well there is a "secret" trick. You can drag your selection to a konsole, and
it will dump all the file names then. You can then prefix that with "mv" and
postfix it with the directory you want to move them to.

| Thanks for this great program,
|
| Pascal

thousands of images?