[KPhotoAlbum] tour 4

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Mon Dec 28 09:05:30 GMT 2009

On Sunday 27 December 2009 15:42:42 Pascal A. Niklaus wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| I am using kphotoalbum 4.0 under karmic koala, but have problems with
| some of its features.
|
| My questions are:
|
| - what does the "?" icon mean in the "browse folder" view? Some
| directories show this question mark, and I don't know why.
I'm not sure which question mark this is, can you provide a screenshot.

| - how do I use "tokens"? I tried to play "tour4" but playing this flash
| movie fails both under linux and windows. I even tried to download it
| with wget and play it with gnash, but without success. Is this video
| available in another format?
Basically, during viewing you set a token by pressing one of the letters on
your keyboard, and you can later narrow in with that token, by choosing it in
the browser.

The videos are not available in other formats I'm afraid.

| - how can I "unstack" images that I have stacked accidentally? I was
| able to remove images one by one, but what do I do if I have a couple of
| hundred images stacked?
Open the stack, select the images you want out of the stack, and right click
and choose remove images from stack.

| - is it possible to rename a directory from within kphotoalbum?
No, but you can do it from the outsite, and KPA will see that you moved the
images (due to its MD5 sum calculation), and move the annotations to the new
images.

| I understand that writing a documentation is a painful endeavor but it
| would be great to have a few notes in non-video-form, even if these are
| very minimal notes. I am convinced that this is a great program, but it
| is very hard to figure out how to use all the features.
|

| Thanks for your help
|
| Pascal

thousands of images?