[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum crashes when I try to invoke GIMP

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 21:48:24 BST 2008

I just installed KPhotoAlbum on my laptop running
Kubuntu 7.01, persistent mode (i.e. kernel, etc. is on
a USB drive).

When I tried to invoke the external program, GIMP, it
crashed. I tried this a few times with the same
result.

BTW this new installation does not recognize .pef
(Pentax RAW) files.

Murray

P.S. the feature I like best in KPhotoAlbum is the
ability to have photos in the database that are not on
the hard drive.  I just copied a folder from a CD to
my root KPhotoAlbum directory and marked all the
photos as being on a specific CD, I rescanned the
images, then deleted the folder I had copied. The
result: thumbnails for all those images with the top
right corner clipped, and all the information about
the photos intact.  What a terrific feature!