[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum crashes when I try to invoke GIMP

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Tue May 13 21:59:18 BST 2008

Murray Strome wrote:
> When I tried to invoke the external program, GIMP, it
> crashed. I tried this a few times with the same
> result.

I recall fixing a bug causing crash when executing external programs.
It's impossible to be sure without a backtrace, but my guess is that
this one is fixed in 3.1.1.

> BTW this new installation does not recognize .pef
> (Pentax RAW) files.

That must have been added in the 3.1 branch.

I have no idea how Ubuntu call their "7.01" release, but at least some
ubuntu versions are likely to be shipped with kphotoalbum 3.1.1, see
[1]. If they don't, well, we can't help.

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/kphotoalbum

Cheers,
-jkt

--