[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Issues

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 04:42:32 BST 2008

I am having trouble searching to see if these issues
have been addressed, or to get any idea how to deal
with them.

1. KPhotoAlbum does not seem to recognize RAW images
(in my case, these are .pef -- Pentax format) although
one of the tools is to convert RAW images.

2. I tried to build a hierarchical structure of
categories Like:

People
      Relatives
               Grandchildren
                         GC1
                         GC2
               Children & Spouses
                         Son1
                         DIL1
               Parents
                         A1
                         A2
               Other Relatives
                         G1
                         D2
       Friends
               F1
               F2

etc.
I started annotating my photos and got a ways along,
and everything collapsed to a flat structure.  Does
KPotoLab support sub-sub-sub categories? If so, any
idea of what went wrong?

I am subscribed to some of the KPhotoLab lists, and
tried to post a question about the 2nd issue, but I
have not seen it appear in any of the E-Mails that
have come back to me, and I don't know how to find
them anywhere (bugzilla, KDE Wiki, etc.)

I am planning to give a talk to our local LINUX Users
Group early next week on photo organization, but would
like to have the correct answers about these two
issues, so any help (or pointers on where to look)
would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Murray