[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Issues

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Sat May 10 21:35:09 BST 2008

Murray Strome wrote:
> 1. KPhotoAlbum does not seem to recognize RAW images
> (in my case, these are .pef -- Pentax format) although
> one of the tools is to convert RAW images.

Hi Murray,
what version of KPhotoAlbum do you use? Support for PEF is certainly
enabled as of 3.1.0, and perhaps even in older releases. Note that KPA
must be built with libkdcraw if you want RAW support. You can tell that
from Help -> KPhotoAlbum Feature Status.

> I started annotating my photos and got a ways along,
> and everything collapsed to a flat structure.

I'm not sure what you mean by "collapsed to a flat structure". Are you
sure you accidentally haven't switched the list of categories in the
annotation dialog to the flat view? The "T" button should be pressed,
not the "calendar"-like one.

If that is not the case and you don't mind me seeing the tags ofyour
images, the easiest way would be to send me (off-list) your index.xml
file. If you don't feel comfortable with that, we can figure out some
other way to debug this.

> I am subscribed to some of the KPhotoLab lists, and
> tried to post a question about the 2nd issue, but I
> have not seen it appear in any of the E-Mails that
> have come back to me, and I don't know how to find
> them anywhere (bugzilla, KDE Wiki, etc.)

Your first mail (from 9th May) made it to the list (I assume that
"KPhotoLab" is just a typo and you were referring to KPhotoAlbum there,
too). And please don't CC me on any mails that go the this list, I don't
like getting mails twice :).

Cheers,
-jkt

--