[KPhotoAlbum] Patch: Improve date-range counting in XML db

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Sun Jun 22 12:46:52 BST 2008

Hi,
A little patch that allows a significant lookup speedup in
XMLImageDateCollection .. with less code. With it all kinds of
operations, esp. in the DateBarWidget (zoom) are much faster, esp.
with many images in the database (Jan, can you check with our 40k
photos ?). In my case it sped up an operation that took 8 seconds
(initial DateBarWidget or zoom in it) to now ~10ms ;-)

svn-message:
  Replace linear search in XMLImageDateCollection with range index.

cheers,
  -henner