[KPhotoAlbum] Organize by creation date instead of modified date?

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Sun Dec 21 14:07:35 GMT 2008

Murray Strome wrote:
>     On most of my digital images from my Canon PowerShot A80
>     or my Pentax *istD, there are two sections to the EXIF
>     data (as shown by KPhotoAlbum), each with its own date:
>     Exif.Image   DateTime
>     Exif.Photo   DateTimeOriginal
>
>     KPhotoAlbum organizes things from the first DateTime
>     (which is the last time I edited the photo) and I
>     would like it to use DateTimeOriginal, which is
>     the time I took the photo.

Upgrade to 3.1.1, then go to Settings -> Configure KPA -> Metadata ->
Date and in the "Fields to get value from", move
"Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal" to the very top. Then select all your
images you want to fix and go to Management -> Re-Read Metadata from
Files, select *only* "Update date and time" and press "Read File Info".
All your image dates will be updated.

>     There is a script that I tried using to rename photos

While we do have some code for detecting renamed files, it's best to
avoid this.

Cheers,
-jkt

--