[KPhotoAlbum] call for review: misc patches

Shawn Willden shawn-kimdaba at willden.org
Wed May 16 15:45:01 BST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 04:51:25 am Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
> > Two trivial patches for extending the list of supported files:

> OK for those two. I don't see any side effect it could have :-).

Seconded.

> > Make "show this image" launch viewer with *all* images form current view
> > and seek to the selected one.
> >
> > NOTE: this will slow down viewing single image when having a lot of
> > pictures displayed (not a typical situation, I guess).

> O(n) complexity in this case would be interesting to test with a 20000
> photo db or more. If I select the last one on my 6000pix db, it's not
> really annoying.

Having looked a bit at how KPA handles and searches the in-memory DB (in the
process of working on quick search) I don't think there is a faster way with
the data structures available.

My intuition tells me that doing a linear scan of the 20,000 items with a
string comparison at each step will be slow, but in practice modern computers
are so blisteringly fast that it's not.  I have almost that many images.

I can't speak to how this works with the SQL DB, since I haven't looked at
that.

	Shawn.