[KPhotoAlbum] Can't get exif info for CR2

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Tue May 8 06:38:19 BST 2007

Did you compile KPA yourself? If not, then it might simply be that kphotoalbum
for ubuntu was compiled without exiv2 support, and if so, then it doesn't
change anything that the package is there.

If you compiled it yourself, did it complain about anything during the
configure step?

Another thing you may look for is what the help->kphotoalbum features says.

On Monday 07 May 2007, Lars Clausen wrote:
| Since my new installation of Ubuntu Dapper Drake, I have not been able
| to get KPA to read any exif info from CR2 files -- this is particularly
| annoying for the lack of orientation info.  I have installed libexif-dev
| v. 0.6.12-2, libexiv2-dev 0.7-9.1ubuntu1, and libkexif1-dev
| 0.2.2-2ubuntu2.  I'm using version 3.0.2.  Anybody know if I need to
| play any special tricks to get it to work?  Since the slide show doesn't
| seem to respect manual rotation, and I use slideshows extensively for
| tagging, KPA is somewhat useless to me right now.
|
| I also don't seem to have *any* external editors.  That may very well be
| an Ubuntu setup issue.
|
| Thanks,
| -Lars

thousands of images?