[KPhotoAlbum] Can't get exif info for CR2

Lars Clausen lars at raeder.dk
Mon May 7 21:40:15 BST 2007

Since my new installation of Ubuntu Dapper Drake, I have not been able
to get KPA to read any exif info from CR2 files -- this is particularly
annoying for the lack of orientation info.  I have installed libexif-dev
v. 0.6.12-2, libexiv2-dev 0.7-9.1ubuntu1, and libkexif1-dev
0.2.2-2ubuntu2.  I'm using version 3.0.2.  Anybody know if I need to
play any special tricks to get it to work?  Since the slide show doesn't
seem to respect manual rotation, and I use slideshows extensively for
tagging, KPA is somewhat useless to me right now.

I also don't seem to have *any* external editors.  That may very well be
an Ubuntu setup issue.

Thanks,
-Lars