[KPhotoAlbum] Patches follow-up

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Wed May 2 06:16:07 BST 2007

The problem with the repos is that not everyone have access to SVN, and I'm
rather sure KDE admins don't want to give access out to every one asking.

But I agree it would be nice with something centralized.

What would work, but of course be a lot of work for people supplying a patch
would be to mail it to the list as is done now, and then add a link to the
mail archive for that mail to the wiki.

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 23:01, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
| Hey all,
|
| After the wonderful idea Jesper had, the KPA patches seems to be
| multiplying by 10 :-). So as not to lose some patches, I guess it would be
| a good idea to centralize the waiting patches somewhere. This could be
| something like Henner personal website, but obviously not only for Henner
| (even if he's the one who almost proposed all the patches those last days
| :p).
|
| I was thinking about many solutions:
| 1) Using the KPA wiki. The thing is that we can't upload files. So for
| small patches, it would be ok to just paste them. But for big patches, it
| would quickly become unreadable...
| 2) Using the repository. We would define a special place when to commit the
| ".patch" files that are waiting for testing and approval.
| 3) Using the repository + a webpage that would get generated and be
| accessible to the KPA website.
|
| I like the solution n°3. But I don't know where the website source is
| located and which tools we have access to on the server side. Do we have a
| ssh access so as to write some build scripts and so on?
|
| What do you think?

thousands of images?