[KPhotoAlbum] exif and video

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Fri Jan 19 14:42:15 GMT 2007

I may be wrong, but I sadly guess no :-/. In fact, I also noticed it some
times ago, so I looked a bit if the videos would carry some metadata, but it
does not seem to (either with my powershot a80, or powershot s3is)...

At least, this is in fact very annoying, and now you make me think about it.
I think KPA should for example display a warning when it imports some videos
and that it used the modif date as the date. In fact, for me it's OK to tag
the videos when I get them, because it's often still fresh in my memory. But
if I noticed a date problem on an old video, it will obviously be more
problematic.

But still, maybe we're just unlucky with our cameras? :-)

-- Baptiste

2007/1/19, Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr>:

> Hi,
>
> I take both pictures (jpg) and videos (avi with motion jpeg) with my
> Canon PowerShot A95 camera.  I have noticed that kphotoalbum uses the
> avi file modification date instead of exif fields.  And the last
> modification date of the avi file is the date I downloaded the avi file
> from the camera (I use gphoto2).
>
> Now, the questions:
> - Do avi files with motion jpeg use exif data?  I.e. do jpeg frames in
> an avi file have exif information?
> - If yes, may kphotoalbum use the exif info from the first frame?
>
> Greetings,
> --
> Eugen Dedu
> http://lifc.univ-fcomte.fr/~dedu

Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net
---------
Si chacun de nous a une idée et que nous les partageons, nous
repartirons tous les deux avec deux idées... C'est ça le Libre.