[KPhotoAlbum] exif and video

Tero Tilus tero.tilus at jyu.fi
Fri Jan 19 14:57:50 GMT 2007

2007-01-19 15:05, Eugen Dedu:
> - Do avi files with motion jpeg use exif data?

I looked into a AVI file from my Canon A620.  In fact it _does_
contain a date (and it matches the date of video creation), but no
exif data.

AVI files are RIFF format and it looks to me as the date is in RIFF
LIST chunk, but chunk id 'IDIT' is not listed in RIFF doc[1].
However, exiftool knows about RIFF metadata[2] and especially 'IDIT'
tag, which is named DateTimeOriginal and sound exactly like what we
are after here.  Now we need only RIFF metadata capable library and
some coding effort. :)

[1] http://www.kk.iij4u.or.jp/~kondo/wave/mpidata.txt
[2] http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/RIFF.html

--