[KPhotoAlbum] a working photo interface

Heinz Kohl kohl at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Feb 23 09:40:39 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag 22 Februar 2007 12:48 schrieb Martin Hoeller:
> Hello Heinz! Hello all!
>
> Am Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 14:03 schrieb Heinz Kohl:
> > I think, the presetting file in the KPA installation is a little
> > defective. It's not the newest version, identifying itself as
> >   'KPhotoAlbum SVN (using KDE 3.4.2 Level "b" SUSE 10.0)'
>
> Could it be that your problems come from this version? If you are using
> some old SVN-version it's possible that there existed some problems.

I think, that's the cause (would it be possible, that unfavourable KDE
presettings are causing the same effect?).
Technically it should be only a minor problem with presettings. It's a
surprising fact, that the demo is working correctly with this version.
But as I had seen, that the demo isn't demonstrating explicitely but is just
giving some presettings, I preferred to do that job on real data.

My download dir is saying:
   kphotoalbum-2.2-6.3.i586.rpm and .. .x86-64, both 13.11.2006 (download
date),
> Where did you get KPA?
I don't know exactly, I'have downloaded it as ready for SUSE 10.0, but I'm
preferring to download from the SUSE archiv (exactly from a copy of this
archiv), when a program is to find there.

I cancelled the try to update to 3.0 (SUSE kphotoalbum-3.0-2.1.i586.rpm
and .. .x86_64.rpm) because this version was requiring more than one
additional packet to download, waiting for my next bigger system update
having these packets included (I've no internet access at home).

Heinz Kohl