[KPhotoAlbum] compile error with kphotoalbum 3.1 - need some help...

Tuomas Suutari thsuut at utu.fi
Mon Dec 10 23:08:39 GMT 2007

On Mon 2007-12-10, Reimar Imhof wrote:
> Now I've added an extra export CXXFLAGS=' -ljpeg'
> in die spec-file just before the configure-call.
> That's an workaround for the compile error.
> But I don't try to understand it, since configure set that flag by
> itself.

This sounds like a linker dependency problem, which is caused by a wrong
order of listed libraries in the command line.

Probably can be fixed by adjusting the configure.in.in script of KPA,
but I'm totally out of time to solve this. Any takers? Jan?

For more information about the problem (if it is what I think) see
manual page of ld and search for the --start-group option. It explains
the effect of the order of the libraries (and also gives a method to
solve cyclic library dependencies, but there shouldn't be anything like
those in KPA).

Tuomas Suutari | +358 50 3806983 | thsuut at utu.fi