[KPhotoAlbum] compile error with kphotoalbum 3.1 - need some help...

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Tue Dec 11 00:10:35 GMT 2007

Tuomas Suutari wrote:
>> Now I've added an extra export CXXFLAGS=' -ljpeg'
>> in die spec-file just before the configure-call.
>> That's an workaround for the compile error.
>> But I don't try to understand it, since configure set that flag by
>> itself.

Weird, I haven't received this mail...

Are you running recent binutils? Does it work on OpenSuse 10.3?

> This sounds like a linker dependency problem, which is caused by a wrong
> order of listed libraries in the command line.
>
> Probably can be fixed by adjusting the configure.in.in script of KPA,
> but I'm totally out of time to solve this. Any takers? Jan?

Can't fix that when I don't know what causes it and can't reproduce it
on a box I have access to, sorry.

> For more information about the problem (if it is what I think) see
> manual page of ld and search for the --start-group option. It explains
> the effect of the order of the libraries (and also gives a method to
> solve cyclic library dependencies, but there shouldn't be anything like
> those in KPA).

Right, there should be no cyclical dependencies. Also note that despite
kdcraw being listed as the very last entry on the command line, there
are no complaints concerning it...

Cheers,
-jkt

--