[KPhotoAlbum] Select subcategories, annotating photographs

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed Apr 18 19:45:40 BST 2007

2007/4/18, Angel Lopez <anglopm at gmail.com>:
> It could be interesting that people write here their "method" or
> "order" to catalog their collection with KPA.

As I said earlier, I have my photos organized in
/year/yyyy-mm-dd-description folder structure so I can easily find
photos with file browser as well.

In addition to that, I also have 'Events' category, like Tuomas said.
It's handy to create all kinds of groupings. For example I usually
make a group for a party, say 'Granny's 80th birthday' or 'Trip to
China'. But I also have 'Photos taken by others' and 'NEF' (that has
all my Nikon Raw photos to be able to exclude them from slide shows).

Actually - I think Events could be a category in the default
installation. I think some other photo archive softwares have it and
it's quite handy to have, but I think all users don't come up with the
idea to create it themselves.

rhk