[KPhotoAlbum] Select subcategories, annotating photographs

Angel Lopez anglopm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 19:11:19 BST 2007

On 4/18/07, Tuomas Suutari <thsuut at utu.fi> wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 April 2007 19:22, Angel Lopez wrote:
> > Ok, I was having doubts on using the description or label for it.
> > Probably, label is better for writing something really descriptive
> > for some photos on  one set.
>
> I'm not sure if you're talking about the same thing, but I use own
> category for grouping a set of photos from same event (or having
> same "description"), namely Event category.
>
> You can create new categories in Settings -> Categories, and then make
> them visible in the annotation view (which pops up with ctrl-1 or
> ctrl-2) by selecting Options -> Show/Hide windows.
>
> --

You give me another good advise. I should read all the descriptions I
have on my whole collection in the format:
YYYY-MM-DD_Description
I think they can be categorized in groups, but I have a lot that will
have a difficult place in a category....  Think about a photograph
take a day during the defense of a thesis of a college. My folder is
"2005-12-16_Tesis Eva" but I probably do not need a category for
thesis, because I have only one in my collection.

It could be interesting that people write here their "method" or
"order" to catalog their collection with KPA.

thanks.