[KPhotoAlbum] Video opening and thumbnailing in KPA

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Mon Sep 18 06:42:57 BST 2006

2006/9/17, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk>:
> On Saturday 16 September 2006 20:01, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
> | * To open it, the only way I found is to "invoke an external program"
> | (totem, for me)
> Thumbnails should work, if you install
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=41180
>
> showing the videos in the player should work if you got the right stuff
> installed in KDE - no idea what "right" is though.

OK, I got it.
I'm using debian/unstable. The package you indicated still seems to be
a bit new, so for infos : the package to be used on a deb at the
moment for the thumbnails generation is libarts1-xine, if you want to
use std packages.
Then, to see the video directly from KPA, install kmplayer-plugin
(which will also install konqueror by dependency, though).

Thanks.
--
Baptiste <Batmat> Mathus
BMathus at Batmat point net - http://batmat.net