[KPhotoAlbum] Excluding folders

John Pearson jpearson42 at wowway.com
Sat Sep 9 17:45:34 BST 2006

On Saturday 09 September 2006 10:48 am, you wrote:
> then, *nix makes it possible to create copies that aren't really copies so
> you can arrange for KPA to see what you want.  Come to think of it, that's
> probably the reason the exclusion feature hasn't already been implemented.
>
>         Shawn.

Thank you.  Yes.  I am using my existing structure while I am testing.  The
results have been very positive since I managed to limit the number of images
with which I am dealing.

The only downside to this approach which I can see is a set of 37K lines in
the <blocklist>.

A parallel folder structure for the exclusive use of kpa is succinct.  It
won't disturb backups, or conflict with other applications using the images.
And Krename offers the functionality, unless I choose to script it.

It has been quite a while since I have done anything but scripting in bash or
perl.

-jp