[KPhotoAlbum] Re: Excluding folders

Christoph Moseler forums at moseler.net
Sat Sep 9 19:50:33 BST 2006

Hi John,

I had the same problem and I posted a fix for that about a week ago:

void NewImageFinder::searchForNewFiles( const QDict<void>& loadedFiles,
QString directory )
{
  [snip]
         else if ( fi.isDir() )  {
+            QString dirName = file.mid( imageDir.length()+1 );
+            if ( ! DB::ImageDB::instance()->isBlocking( dirName ) )
                 searchForNewFiles( loadedFiles, file );
         }
     }
}

After that you add an entry to the blocklist in your index.xml like that:

  <blocklist>
   <block file="exclude" />
  </blocklist>

KPA then will skip /whatever/your_kpa_root/exclude when searching for
new images. The disadvantage for now is, that you have to add the
entries with your favorite text editor by hand. Maybe Jesper can add a
dialog where directories to be exclude can be defined.

Cheers,
Christoph