[KPhotoAlbum] Deselecting tokens with multiple super categories

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane+kimdaba at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 30 09:49:38 GMT 2006

Hi there,

With the svn version from Saturday I noticed the following problem:
Say, I have person Mike who is a member of the member groups friends and
colleagues. In the property edit dialogue (ctrl+1) with the new tree
view, Mike is listed twice, once under each member group he belongs to.
If I deselect Mike under one member group, then push OK or go to the
next image and back: Mike is selected again under all member groups.
Since tokens are unique within a category I would expect him to be
deselected (within all member groups) if I deselect him somewhere.

That's a problem especially when the list of tokens is so long that I
don't even notice he's selected "multiple" times. The problem doesn't
occur when one lists tokens by last occurence, of course, because then
each token appears only once per category.

So, my suggestion for tree view in property edit: If I deselect a token
then all occurences of that token within the tree should be deselected.

Michael