[KPhotoAlbum] Importing Canon raw files

Rob Miller rob at janerob.com
Tue May 9 08:45:29 BST 2006

On Mon, 8 May 2006, Shawn Willden wrote:

> On Saturday 08 April 2006 10:43, Robert L Krawitz wrote:

>> Currently KPhotoAlbum finds both of these files.  I suggest (as an
>> RFE) that it only find the RAW file if the JPEG file doesn't also exist.
>
> I think we may need to spend a little time thinking about how KPA should
> handle RAW+JPEG and other scenarios.

there was also a message on nikon .nef files recently along similar lines.  I liked the idea about 'folding' similar/related images
together, but does seem like the easiest way to do this might be based on matching file names.  in moving my image collection to kpa I am
running across some issues I believe to be related:

- .mov, .mpg, .avi video files produced by some of my cameras aren't found by kpa (they aren't photos of course!)
- folder use doesn't seem to be extensively supported; I tried changing folder settings on a set of images hoping they would be moved, but
it didn't happen.
- it seems like the file delete would be safer if it could be configured to instead move the files to a dir somewhere outside of the one kpa
is working with (a.k.a. trashcan)?

perhaps part of a solution would involve configurable actions based on file extension - "don't show", "move to blah/blah", "use
external program", maybe some others?

just and idea...

rob.